Burst the limits of GPIB!
With these extenders and expanders you can pass the maximum distance of 20 m established by the GPIB standard, using fibre optics or copper cables. As an option you can also opto-isolate the bus sections from each other. And you can expand the maximum number of bus devices of 15 with these boxes.
GPIB expander/isolator: Model 4860/4862
- 20 m additional bus distance.
- 14 additional instrumente at the bus.
- 670 kB/s GPIB throughput. Signal propagation all - 80 ns typical, 180 ns maximum.
- Model 4860: Full galvanic bus isolation up to 2000 V.
- Transparent, no GPIB address: No special software required.
GPIB extender, fibre optics up to 5 km: Model 4897, 4897L
- Extends the distance of GPIB
- ...up to 200 m with copper cable,
- ...7 km with ST fibre 1300 nm or
- ...15 km SC fibre 1300 nm (model 4897L).
- Transparent for all GPIB commands.
- Galvanic isolation through fibre optics transmission. Using copper cable: Isolation up to 1500 VDC.
- Throughput up to 660 kB/s, at 5 km up to 250 kB/s. Buffered/unbuffered.
- Robust desktop box.
GPIB controlled bus switch: Model 4842
- Software controlled GPIB switch 1-to-2 or 1-to-3.
- Up to three PCs can access one GPIB instrument ("multiplexer") or...
- one PC can access and controll 3 GPIB systems.
- Switching via GPIB commands.
- High data rate; 50 ns handshake delay.