ACKSYS RD300/RD320 Media Converters RS232/422/485 to Optical Fiber
Benefits RD300/RD320 Converters RS232, RS422, RS485 to Optical Fiber
- Reliable, serial RS232, RS422, RS485 transmission via optical fibre up to 5 or 20 km.
- Galvanic isolation, therefore also ideal with different potential on the transmit and receive side.
- Optical fibre transmission immune agains EMI/RFI interference.
ACKSYS RD300/RD320 Media Converters RS232, RS422, RS485 to Optical Fiber
Break the limitations of seriel RS232, RS422, or RS485 transmissions with media converters to optical fiber cable. Optic fiber cable enable higher communication bandwidths with a total immunity against EMI/RFI interferences and an increased security. The optical fibre still offers other advantages: Use without risk in an explosive environment, no EMC emission, no ground loops, immunity against lightning and high voltage environments, they are finally lighter, less cumbersome, inert and corrosion resistant.
- 3 in 1 built-in serial interface: RS232/RS422/RS485.
- Serial speed up to 500 kbps (RS320, RS232) or 1 Mbps (RD300, RS232);
1 Mbps (RD320, RS422/485) or 2 Mbps (RD300, RS422/485).
- Reliable error free communication even in case of EMI/RFI pertubations.
- Fiber length up to 5000 m (100/140 µm fiber type), ST type connectors (RD300);
20 km (9/125 µm fiber type), SC type connectors (RD320).
- Automatic RS485 line turn-around, software independent.
- Half-duplex and full-duplex bidirectionnal data transmission.
- Activity LED for fiber and copper TxD and RxD signals, error LED in case of fiber breakdown.
- Wide DC power range, +9...+36 VDC.
- Point to point mode (all models) and multipoint redundant mode (-OFR models only).
- Plug&Play: Self-configuration mechanism.
- 15 kV ESD protection and RF filtering on the copper side.
- Robust and compact metal case, 35 mm DIN-rail mountable.
|Media converter||Serial RS232, RS422, RS485 to optical fiber|
|Format||DIN-rail mountable compact case||DIN-rail mountable compact case|
|Serial interface||1x RS232 (1 Mbps), RS422/485 (2 Mbps), RS485 mode self line turnaround||1x RS232 (500 kbps), RS422/485 (1 Mbps), RS485 mode self line turnaround|
|Supports any kind of communication protocols: Modbus, Unitelway, PROFIBUS, DH+, and any ASCII or binary serial protocols|
|Fiber interface||1x multi-mode up to 5000 m (100/140 µm fiber type at 25°C)||2x multi-mode up to 5000 m (100/140 µm fiber type at 25°C)||1x single-mode up to 20 km (9/125 µm fiber type at 25°C)||2x single-mode up to 20 km (9/125 µm fiber type at 25°C)|
|Connectors||Serial: Pluggable screw-in terminal|
|Optical: 2x ST||Optical: 4x ST||Optical: 2x SC||Optical: 4x SC|
|50/125 µm, 62.5/125 µm, 100/140 µm, 820 nm wave||9/125 µm, 1310 nm|
|Network topologies||Point to point, ring||Point to point, ring, single-master and dual-master, redundant fiber ring, dual ring and dual master, dual point to point, star||Point to point, ring||Point to point, ring, single-master and dual-master, redundant fiber ring, dual ring and dual master, dual point to point, star|
|Power supply||9...36 VDC, 2.1 W||9...36 VDC, 2.3 W||9...36 VDC, 2.5 W||9...36 VDC, 3.9 W|
|Configuration||Serial link parameters auto configuration, no switches. Line polarization, termination and selection between RS232/RS422/RS485 modes are configurable by mini-switches|
|Dimensions (mm)||107 x 88 x 25; 260 g|
|Environment||-5...+65°C operating temperatur, -40...+80°C storage temperature, 0...95% rel. humidity, non-condensing|
Included: Media converter RD 300-OF, RS 300-OFR, RD 320-OF, or RD 320-OFR.
Power supply and optical fiber cable not included. Depending on the desired topology, at least 2 converter modules (point-to-point) are required.