PicoSource PG912 USB Differential Pulse Generator <40 ps
Benefits of the PicoSource PG912, Tunnel Diode 40 ps Pulse Heads
- Differential pulse generator for USB 2.0.
- 50 Ω positive and negative tunnel diode pulse heads.
- For TDR, semiconductor testing and many other applications.
PicoSource PG912 - USB differential pulse generators
The fast-transition pulse can stimulate a transmission path, device or network with a broad spectrum signal in a single instant. Such a pulse is very useful for many of the high-speed broadband measurements that we need to make; for instance in time-domain reflectometry/TDR, semiconductor test, gigabit interconnect and port test and in radar. Differential high-speed data in particular dominates the measurement challenge in our digital, computing, interconnect and telecommunications systems. Surprisingly, cost-effective fast-transition differential pulse generators have been very hard to find... until now!
- Three PicoSource models:
- Integrated 60 ps pulse outputs: PG911.
- Tunnel diode 40 ps pulse heads: PG912.
- Both output types: PG914.
- Tunnel diode pulse heads:
- Differential with deskew (±500 ps timing deskew in 1 ps steps).
- <40 ps transition time.
- Fixed 200 mV output amplitude.
- External 50 Ω N(m) positive and negative tunnel diode pulseheads.
- Inter-series N(f)–SMA(m) adaptors included with pulse heads.
- All PicoSource PG900 models:
- Differential outputs.
- 200 ns to 4 µs pulse width.
- Adjustable 1 µs to 1 s internal clock period.
- Typical 3.0 ps RMS jitter relative to external trigger.
- Advanced features:
- Output deskew with 1 ps resolution.
- Low-jitter trigger input and output.
- User-variable pulse width.
- Internal trigger clock.
- Trigger hold-off.
- USB 2.0 connected.
- Microsoft Windows compatible.
- TDR/TDT network and match analysis.
- Spectral and flatness measurements.
- Timing, jitter, and crosstalk determination.
- Semiconductor testing.
- Impulse ultra-wideband radars.
- Laser diode drivers.
|Model||Description - pulse generator|
|▸PicoSource PG911||▸PP977||50 Ω SMA(f) <60 ps differential pulse outputs, 2.5 V to 6 V variable amplitude.|
|▸PicoSource PG912||▸PP978||50 Ω N(m) <40 ps positive and negative tunnel diode pulse heads, >200 mV fixed amplitude.|
|▸PicoSource PG914||▸PP979||Dual-mode generator with both of the above outputs.|
|PicoSource PG900 software disk, quick start guide, AC to DC adaptor 5 VDC at 2 A, universal input, USB 2.0 cable 1.8 m, SMA/PC3.5/2.92 wrench, storage and carry case.||-||yes||yes||yes|
|Positive 40 ps tunnel diode pulse head (attached to the device)||not available|
|Negative 40 ps tunnel diode pulse head (attached to the device)||not available|
|12 GHz N(f) to SMA(m) adaptor (2 pack)||TA172||-||yes||yes|
|10 GHz 20 dB SMA(m-f) attenuator (2 pack)||TA173||yes||-||yes|
|50 Ω coaxial SMA(m-m) pulse drive cable 60 cm (2 pack)||not available|